Wednesday 14 February 2018

Beginning Life on MARSh



I was born on Friday 8th December 2017, and on Boxing Day 2017 I first met my new family, Karen and Bob. I think they liked me and I certainly enjoyed their cuddles, they decided to call me Humphrey, a name I think suits me very well!

I know Kelly, from Sleepy Hollow Clumberdoodle's, took lots of photo's of me looking grumpy to send to Karen whilst I was still too young to leave my Mummy.

Fast forward a few weeks and I have certainly grown.

Karen and Bob came to pick me up on Saturday 10th February and I had a LONG journey home in the car. I enjoyed my cuddles with Karen the most during the trip, but I really didn't like it when they took me outside with the lead on. I just sat still and decided that I didn't want to move. Karen and Bob just laugh at me when I do silly things! When I got home I played with Bob, I didn't get to spend much time with him in the car because he was driving. I like playing games with Bob, he is good fun!

That night Bob and Karen tried to put me in a large cage, I didn't like it and I wailed. LOUDLY. So much so that I got Bob, the big softie, to come and get me, he let me sleep on his bed! I hope this lasts!

The next day Rachel came home, she is good fun too, I really enjoyed running around the garden with her! She has been trying to teach me to 'sit' and 'come here', I have been working hard but I don't always do as she tells me, as other things are just far too interesting. Later that day, I went and met Ben and Emily, and Bruce! Bruce is a very big dog compared to me but he just didn't want to play!

I met the vet on Monday and he says I am very healthy, He gave me some injections so soon I will be able to go on some lovely forest walks.

On Tuesday, Rachel gave me a bath, it was not fun! I cried and cried, and splashed and splashed! Rachel got soaked!!!  Then in the afternoon Rachel took me to her friend Hannah's House! Hannah has a big dog called Bailey! She is fun to play with, although I am still a little too small for chase and she scared me a bit when she ran past me. But it was fun, when I got home I was far too tired to play with Bob so I just slept all evening!

Wednesday morning started with noise, lots of noise, made by me! I got a bit too excited playing with Bob and skidded on the wooden floor when I was running around, I ran straight into the door frame. I squealed and woke Karen and Rachel up. Then Bob and Karen both went out so Rachel put me in my crate, I decided barking and crying was the best way to go until she let me out! I spent the rest of the morning playing and sleeping.

It's been a good first week with the Marsh family! My favourite things to do are to run in and out of the bushes in the garden! I like to attack all the loose twigs and leaves as well!
I also enjoy playing with my toys in the house, I have a few toys but they have to stay on the rug! I don't like it when Karen, Rachel and Bob throw them off the rug, so I go and get them and bring them back! Other than playing with my toys I like to eat the tassels on the rugs and blankets!
I've also learned sit and come here and I am learning to Leave it!

I can't wait for next week's adventures!

Good night all,

Humphrey Clumberdoodle xx

Meeting Karen

In the car home!

Nap Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment