Friday 20 April 2018

The Sun is shining!

Either I am becoming increasingly worse at updating this blog, or there just isn't much Humphrey related news.

After the last blog entry both Dad and I have agreed to change Humphrey's name between the hours of 7 - 9pm, at these times he is known as Frank.

Although, we went to our first puppy class this week, it was for Humans only, and the trainer explained when they are in their Frankenpuppy hour, either we need to have something ready to distract them with, play their game of tug with them, or when they start using human limbs as bones squeal. I tried squealing tonight and *fingers crossed* we haven't had much Frank!!

In other news the UK has been quite warm should we say this week and poor Humphrey has certainly been feeling the heat, I ran a cold shower the other day and found him asleep in the shower tray afterwards. So I decided to buy him a paddling pool. When I put him in it he jumped straight out. Typical!! However he did keep trying to drink from it and when I was splashing kept trying to attack the water... a bit of perseverance and I think he may grow to love it.

I also took him for a lovely walk on the golf course today! He had a blast, and was in and out of muddy streams.... I guess his paddling pool is missing the mud!... he even chased another dog momentarily.. until I called him back because he had gone miles! I am 1. Impressed he came straight back and 2. Pleased he is learning to play! I think he is more confident with it off the lead. Dad tells me he is great in the mornings and has made some friends, but I haven't seen this yet and still have scars from the puppy party.

His training is still going well. He is a good dog and eager to learn but we still have to master a few bits. It will be interesting to see how he copes at his first Puppy Class on Monday night. I was in the car with him and Dad a few days ago - When Dad turned to Humphrey and said. "You had better be the best dog at that puppy class, don't let me down!" I think my response was something along the lines of - "you used to say that to Ben and I when we were at school." No pressure on me then because I have to take him as Mum and Dad are on their holidays in Spain.

Speaking of their holidays poor old Humphrey was a bit mopey yesterday! The parents caught the 6am flight from Gatwick and that meant waking up at 4ish. Humphrey heard them, barked and went back to sleep on my floor. But when he couldn't find dad when he woke me at 7am he was not a happy bunny. He was actually a little unwell the poor thing. But perked up a short while later.

I just look at it as bonding time for me. As I have now moved back home to save the pennies for a few months!

A few photos below of Humphrey this week. He is growing lots!!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment